my granddaughters

My photo
Granddaughters Gracie and Lillie at Christmas

Tuesday, June 19, 2012



Deep listening is miraculous for both the listener and speaker.  When someone received us with open -hearted, non-judging, intensely interested listening, our spirits expand.
                                                ~Sue Patton Thoele

To all my Colleagues,

When I first started the on-line community I was worried about not seeing people face to face in a brick and mortar building.  How would we build trust and respect? How would we share and learn from each other? are just a few questions I had.  But now as I come around the bend to the last semester of this program I have realized how great this community of professionals has been to work with.  We have struggled through some tough courses challenging our inner beings.  This course is no different, reflecting on myself as a communicator learning about my weaknesses and my strengths so that I might move forward as a stronger partner with all the people I work with now and in the future.

YOU have made that possible ….. you have shared your thoughts, struggles, experiences and willingness to open my mind to other possibilities.  There is never only one way, but many when seeking to understand.  The foundation to good communication I have learned is to listen with an open mind, and be willing to be influenced by a better idea or solution.  To speak with clarity and never assume you know what others are feeling or thinking, and never assume they know what you are thinking or feeling.

Some of us will be parting ways to our specializations, I wish you great learning experiences and a growth that will transform your understanding and give you the tools to become better than when you started.  

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, MAY GOD BLESS YOU ENDEAVORS!

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I look forward to connecting with you in our next class and hope that perhaps we will be back in a discussion group together this time around. It's been a great class but I am looking forward to the downhill here!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I so very appreciate your knowledge and feedback throughout this class. You have been a wealth of knowledge to me and I really hope to stay in touch with you if we do not share an upcoming class. Good luck in your future work and thank you.

      Delete