my granddaughters

My photo
Granddaughters Gracie and Lillie at Christmas

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Hope





My hope is that I will always work toward meeting the needs of every family and child I encounter in my professional and personal life. I hope I will treat them with respect and dignity and provide an environment where they feel completely inclusive and wholly excepted for who they are, and where they come from.  I hope I will have the humility to realize I do not have all the answers, but willing to learn.

My goal for the Early Childhood field is that we will focus on preparing teachers for their work in classrooms where diversity is as much a part of the curriculum as learning academics.  It is the social and emotional cornerstone for making change happen.  Teachers who are currently in the field will be provided trainings and workshops that will teach them how to implement anti – bias curriculum and the importance of providing equity within the classrooms for all children.

This course has been a great opportunity for me to reflect upon topics I might never have, and I want to thank all of my colleagues for the great interactions that have helped me grow.  I wish you all the best as we enter into our last class and then on to our specializations. My wish for you is to grow in your knowledge and passion that will build a better tomorrow for the children of today.

And a thank you to Dr. Morgan for your guidance and support as you worked us through topics that can be hard to understand.



     





                              

                         


3 comments:

  1. Chris,

    It has been incredible to get to know you better and to see life from your perspective over the past few classes. I am hoping that our journey will continue together since we have the same specialization. I truly believe that with your continued self reflection that all of these hopes you have put into words here will be realized, and that you will in some way have an affect on the ECE field in order to help put these stated goals into action.

    I wish you continued and renewed hope, vision, and passion in your journey!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    You reminded us of a very important ingredient to become more effective in our work within the ECE field - humility! What an important ingredient to take along journey.
    Thank you for all the support and encouragement you offered throughout this course. Good luck with our next class.
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, it is refreshing to read a person so passionate about the families that you serve. COntinue to be a guide for them and best wishes on your journey.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete