my granddaughters

My photo
Granddaughters Gracie and Lillie at Christmas

Thursday, June 23, 2011

For All Children

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
- Henry Adams

I thought this quote was pertinant to our class because it reminds us that everything we do with children leaves a mark whether it is positive or negative.  Children learn from their peers, teachers, community and family.  What will our impact be? What will mine be? 
 For All Children
 I want to continue to teach children how to respect themselves and others.
 I want them to be aware of others feelings and show empathy and love, yet  be confident in themselves to know right from wrong and stand on those truths
 I want all children around the world to feel safe, loved, cared for and enjoy their life. 
I want to change the life of children and make an impact on early development
Than I may affect eternity

2 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Thank you for all that you shared with us over this course. Best of luck in our future courses!

    Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. A teacher never knows how far his/her influence goes. Thank you for this reminder! I have enjoyed working alongside you this course. I hope that you are finding the journey rewarding! I look forward to working with you again in the future!

    ReplyDelete