my granddaughters

My photo
Granddaughters Gracie and Lillie at Christmas

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Course Resources: Foundations in ECE

Part 2: Global Support for Children’s Rights and Well-Being
Note: Explore the resources in Parts 3 and 4 in preparation for this week’s Application assignment.
Part 3: Selected Early Childhood Organizations
  
Additional Resources:
·         Child Trends: School readiness.

·         Center for the Developing Child – Harvard University
o   Early Childhood Innovation Partnership: Reducing Developmental Barriers to Learning. Retrieved March 30, 2011.

·         Birth to Five Policy Alliance

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for bringing to light the Center for the Developing Child – Harvard University
    http://developingchild.harvard.edu/. I use this resource often for papers and referring to information for my job. Great Resource on so many early childhood topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris:

    I also appreciate the resource on school readiness. Thank you for posting it. As for the NAEYC position statements, which one do you think speaks to you the most as an early childhood professional?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a much more useful assignment than I thought it would be. I look forward to beig able to check out your websites that you have listed. I really have a passion for school readiness so am glad you included that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked out the Birth to Five Policy Alliance website. It has a lot of info and I noticed there was an article on there about budget cuts for the Head Start Program. Interesting how budget cuts always start with education and low income programs!
    Shari V.

    ReplyDelete